I made some adjustments to the pattern. First of all I made them toe up, two at a time on two circular needles. Then I made them much longer than the pattern. They fit pretty good, but when I went to bind off it was too tight. I originally did the sewn bind off, but it was too tight. So I did some searching and came up with the Russian bind-off. You can view the info here: http://wendyknits.net/archives/1152
This bind off came out much stretchier.
I forgot to mention that I also worked the design opposite on each sock. I thought I might look fun and interesting that way.
They are made from Knit Picks Felici, colorway Pebble.
During the winter I decided that I needed some brown socks to go with my brown slacks. Now I’ve got 3 pairs and I’m bored with brown! Not exactly a summer color. Think I’ll go buy me some new sock yarn.
And while I’m at it I need some yarn for the trim on my Origami purse from Folk Bags. I’m not showing you ’till it’s done, but it’s made from Noro Silk Garden. It seems a little thick, but we’ll talk about that later.